Presented by Lilly Balch (The Morning Ritual Podcast)
Meditation Practice Tools & Tips
1. Time & Place
- Start first thing in the morning
- Choose the same spot every day
- Consistency is key
- Do 2 minutes every morning vs 20 minutes once a week
- Practice in a space free of clutter, distraction and noise
- Show up!
2. Get Comfortable
- Set yourself up for success
- Feel physically supported
3. Don’t Worry If You’re Doing It Wrong, You’re Not!
- There is no perfect way to meditate
- Be at ease with the fact that you’ve showed up
4. It’s Not about Clearing the Mind
- Thoughts are normal and can’t be shut off
- Practicing is about focusing attention and strengthening mindfulness and awareness muscles
5. Approach Meditation with a Beginners Mind
- Don’t compare to previous meditation practices
- Hopes, fears, desires and expectations can interfere with meditation
- Release the desire to control the outcome
- Simply be!
More from Lily Balch
This website is provided only for informational purposes and not intended to be used to replace professional advice, treatment or professional care. Always speak to your physician, healthcare provider or pediatrician if you have concerns about your own health or the health of a child.